Did you know heating systems are one of the largest energy expenses? But with regular maintenance and a little effort, you can reduce your energy consumption and prolong your heating system’s life.
We’re listing down some insightful tips to help you keep your heaters maintained.
1. Replace or Clean Air Filters
Airflow gets restricted because of dirty HVAC filters. This reduces the efficiency of the system. You should clean air filters every 2–3 months; if you haven’t cleaned or replaced your HVAC system’s air filters, it’s the perfect time to do it.
To be safe, inspect air filters every one month to check if there’s dirt on them or hire a professional to do it for you.
2. Clean All Vents Regularly
Go around your house and ensure that all the vents are cleaned properly. Also, be sure that none of the vents are blocked by furniture or rugs. Cleaning might help prevent dirt from entering the heating system.
3. Reprogram the Thermostat
Reprogramming can help save you a lot of money. You just have to be sure that the thermostat is set properly. Lower the temperature of a thermostat when you’re not home. It can save up to 1% energy for each degree.
4. Fire Prevention from Heating Equipment
Every 24 seconds, there’s a fire accident in the US. You don’t want your house to be one of them. Make sure that your loved ones are safe by following these safety tips:
· Keep flammable items at least 3 feet away from your heater
· Never leave a heater unattended
· Don’t use extension cords to plug heaters
5. Get Your Heating System Inspected Regularly
Have you thought about getting your heater looked at for the winter season? You need a reliable professional to help you. A well-maintained heating system can be extremely efficient in its functionality and energy consumption.
Minor Maintenance Tips
· Seal energy leaks around doors, windows, or other openings
· Be sure that air is circulating properly
· Create a regular maintenance schedule
· Ensure that the thermostat is working properly
Call Florida Breeze for Professional AC Installation and Repair Services in Melbourne!
If you’re looking for professional heater repair services, look no further and leave that task to our trained technicians. At Florida Breeze, we provide AC installation, AC repair, and maintenance services for all residential clients.
Get in touch with us today!